This is a fantastic opportunity for a talented individual to join our Dispute Resolution Team. The role will be based in the London office, however may require occasional travel to any of our other locations or off site as client demands require.
The work involves acting for Companies, Charities and Educational Institutions, as well as for individuals. There is a complete spectrum of Commercial and Civil Litigation work. Areas where the candidate is likely to work include:-
- Commercial contract disputes.
- Property and rights relating to land.
- Partnership and shareholder disputes.
- Defamation and reputational issues.
- Privacy and confidential information.
- Breach of Fiduciary duty.
- Professional negligence.
- High-value debt recovery.
- Bankruptcy and insolvency.
- Risk advice
General duties include, but not limited to:
- Effectively manage an individual caseload
- Attend to clients of the Firm in the office or elsewhere if needed.
- Work in a collegiate and collaborative way within an immediate Team and wider Firm environment.
- Communicate promptly and effectively both internally to colleagues and externally to clients.
- Maintain your continuing professional development requirements and take an active interest in furthering your knowledge within the field of law.
- To carry out your work for both colleagues and clients to the highest possible standard, having regard to the Firm’s standards, procedures and core values.
- To regularly attend, and be involved in preparation for, Team meetings.
- To attend and be involved in preparation for marketing and business development events and activities.
- Supervision of other team members and supporting them with specific queries where technical knowledge or research when required
The successful candidate must be prepared to work beyond standard office hours in order to meet deadlines where necessary.
The successful candidate will have at least 4-6 PQE and have experience within a well-regarded City, regional practice or in-house legal team. Guidance and direction is available from more senior members of the team on more complex matters.
Our environment is positive and supportive but often highly pressurised due to external deadlines and volume of work. We need someone that is pro-active and able to manage potential pressure.
We operate within an environment of mutual trust and respect and so the ability to contribute to a pleasant working environment for all concerned, will be important.
The post-holder will report to the Head of the Dispute Resolution team.
Working hours – 9.00am – 5.30pm.
Salary and benefits
Cycle to work scheme
Employee Benefit Platform (Perkbox)
Private Medical Insurance
Life assurance (4 x salary)
25 days holiday (in addition to statutory UK holidays)