Senior Associate – Corporate Tax for enthusiastic team
Job Ref: 9170/PTP
Contact Name: Vanessa Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Senior Associate – Corporate Tax
Our clients have a strategic focus on Private Wealth, Finance & Investment and Real Estate. They also have a strong sector support for Energy, Manufacturing and Technology / Innovation.
Their head office in Exeter has an exciting opportunity for an ambitious and talented Lawyer to join the practice in our growing, enthusiastic and hardworking team.
The team is responsible for a wide range of transactions both contentious and non-contentious. You will be responsible for providing tax support across the firm but primarily corporate finance support, assistance with acquisition and mergers, HMRC investigations and advice on investments, such as EIS, and complex tax issues.
The team also deals with share and employee incentives.
You will have experience of working in a corporate tax team with experience of advising clients on the tax structure and tax implications including the purchase and sale of shares and businesses, demergers, reconstructions, MBOs, MBIs, equity raising, and joint ventures.
You will also preferably have experience in advising on share incentives and other forms of employee incentives.
You will be able to build effective and positive client relationships quickly and fully embrace the importance of client service.
- 5 years + qualified (and preferably with a CTA qualification although this is not necessary)
- Strong interpersonal skills; effective communicator at all levels (written and verbal).
- A commercial, pro-active and professional approach to work.
- Excellent organisational skills, demonstrable examples of multi-tasking and an ability to juggle competing priorities.
- Must interact well with others in a sensitive and effective way – a team player.
- Must be self-motivated, committed to working towards goals with strong enthusiasm and career commitment.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and use of discretion.
- Possess the ability to cope well under pressure.
- Must be flexible, successfully adapting to changing demands and conditions.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, initiative, and be an innovative thinker.
For the right candidate, this is a role that will enable them to grow and move forward in their career