Senior Associate, Commercial – international focused practice
Job Ref: 9170/PTP
Contact Name: Vanessa Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: email@example.com
Senior Associate – Commercial
Our clients London office is driving growing their international-focused practice. From prestigious offices in the City, their London based team advises on the type and size of transactions that would be more usual of a much larger, international firm.
The Commercial team consists of highly regarded specialist lawyers dedicated to advising clients on all aspects of commercial contracts. They have specialisms in Technology and Innovation, Energy, Intellectual Property and Manufacturing.
The company is known for being an ambitious, growing team, providing a high level of expertise and high quality service at competitive rates, which they leverage to attract a broad, national mix of private and public sector clients. The Exeter and London and London-based Technology and Innovation practices are recognised and commended in the main legal directories.
Their three Commercial Partners are based in our Exeter HQ and divide their time between the offices. They are supported by a growing number of talented Associates and Solicitors. This London-based role would be supported by two London based Associates.
Our client is looking for an enthusiastic and ambitious Senior Associate to join our Commercial team in London (with a focus on our Technology and Innovation sector). This is an exciting opportunity for a talented individual to support and lead an existing team in London and to help develop the practice in London. The role will involve:
- Providing legal advice and assistance on a range of commercial issues.
- Advising on a range of IT, communications, e-commerce and IP matters, predominately predominantly in the Technology & Innovation sector.
- Drafting and negotiating agreements with a technology component, including outsourcing, software and systems licensing and development agreements.
- Drafting a range of commercial agreements including, distribution/reseller agreements, standard terms and IP licences.
- Advising on consumer protection law and distance selling law.
- Advising on data protection and freedom of information law issues.
- Playing a key role in London marketing initiatives and seminars.
- Contributing to marketing initiatives and seminars.
- Supporting the career progression of junior colleagues
- Excellent opportunity for career progression.
- Experienced solicitor with at least 4 years’ post-qualification experience
- Highly skilled at drafting commercial contracts
- Substantial experience of working with technology clients
- A proven track record in business development
- Ability to build effective and positive client relationships quickly and fully embrace the importance of client service
- Enthusiastic team player
- Mentoring and coaching skills
- Excellent attention to detail
- Strong academics
- An ambition to play a part in achieving success
- Excellent communication skills
This is a great opportunity to join a progressive and forward-thinking Firm where clients recommend us because of the quality of our people and the depth of experience across the whole team. This experience gives real weight at the commercial pressure points of a deal, and has resulted in a reputation in the market for getting deals done.