London Residential Conveyancing Associate for Highly Successful Law Firm
Job Ref: 9114/PTP
Contact Name: Vanessa Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is looking for a bright, motivated and enthusiastic solicitor to assist the residential team on a full time basis. The candidate will report directly to the Head of Residential. The role is based in London.
The successful candidate will be working on a very varied range of “residential” property matters. Given the nature of the clients and the properties the candidate will deal with, they will need some commercial experience. The work is a mixture of residential, commercial and agricultural matters. The work comprises sales and purchases, financing, some development work, landlord and tenant work and general property advice. The clients are high net worth and include owner occupiers and investors. The successful candidate will have an opportunity to work for some of wealthiest people in the world.
Responsibilities include having their own files and taking responsibility for the whole transaction. There will be a need for drafting and negotiating documents. On larger deals the candidate will be part of the team and assisting Partners.
Experience and Skills Required
- Technically able, self-motivated and confident Property Lawyer with good residential experience and some commercial experience. Any agricultural experience would be an advantage, but is not necessary. However, an ability to learn and be willing to do this work is required.
- 2 Year PQE.
- Experience running files and assisting on larger transactions would be an advantage.
- Experience must have been gained in a reputable London or regional firm.
- A desire to do business development either by themselves or with a Partner or other fee earners with the drive to continue to build the reputation of the team. Assistance and training will be given to aid the candidate with this.
- Excellent academics, minimum 2.1 and A BB at A Level.
- The work can be fast paced and it is varied. The role requires someone with a lively and analytical mind with good common sense and an understanding of commercial issues.
- Good inter personal skills due to the level of client contact are essential.
- Ability to deal with a varied case load under pressure and remain calm and cheerful.
- A good team player.
- Technically strong with good drafting skills.
- Pro-active rather than reactive to keep transactions moving and to meet deadlines without needing to be chased.