Legal Secretary – Family (Finances) in Established Law Firm
Job Ref: 9074
Location: South West
Contact Name: Vanessa Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: email@example.com
About the Role
Our client is seeking a Legal Secretary to provide efficient administrative and legal support to ensure the Family department in our South West office functions effectively, enabling the department to achieve the objectives set out in the department business plan.
This role will work predominantly with one fee earner in the the matrimonial and financial remedy team.
Duties will include:
- Manage an administrative workload under the guidance of a fee earner
- Provide administrative support to fee earners including file-opening, telephone management, audio-typing, filing/ archiving, photocopying, email management, online portal management and dealing with post
- Draft documents and bills, from instruction using appropriate precedents and templates to accurately reflect fee earner instructions
- Manage diaries (both individual and group) to ensure key dates are adhered to
- Provide administrative support for business development and marketing activities including booking facilities and refreshments, booking specialist, preparing presentation materials and associated documentation
- Provide support for designated fee earners and act as a resource for the wider team, providing help where required
- Learn firm policies and business processes, ensuring compliance particularly with regards to confidentiality, security, data protection and file retention and destruction requirements
- Ensure adherence to all affiliations and standards connected to the department
Skills & Experience:
- Previous experience in a secretarial role within a Family team
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs, A-C including English and Maths
- Secretarial qualifications are highly desirable
- Excellent organisational skills with ability to manage a busy workload
- Focused on delivering excellent client service
- Positive Attitude to Work- Approaches work with positivity and energy and thrives in a busy environment.
- Effective Communicator- Clearly conveys information and ideas through the relevant media. Speaks in Plain English.
- Self Aware- Recognises personal strengths and weaknesses and uses that knowledge to interact positively with others. Maintains a professional impression.
- Team Player- Actively participates as a member of a team. Develops and maintains relationships with others.
- Resilient- Functions effectively under pressure and handles difficult circumstances in a manner that is acceptable to others and Royds Withy King.
- Open to Change- Receptive to new ways of working with the ability to be flexible in approaching tasks and problems.