Dispute Resolution Chartered Legal Executive Required In Leading Law Firm
Job Ref: 9063/PTP
Location: Greater London
Contact Name: Vanessa Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is looking to recruit a 2-3 year PQE Dispute Resolution Chartered Legal Executive to join and help to develop our established Dispute Resolution team in their greater London office.
- To handle all forms of civil and commercial dispute resolution for commercial and private clients and to build and develop own case load.
- To assist the department as a whole in meeting its fee earning targets by providing help regarding advice and assistance to clients of the Department as well as other Departments of the Firm.
- To conduct matters on behalf of clients
- To demonstrate consistent willingness to become involved in activities of the firm outside of those of normal working hours.
- To develop a client/referrer base.
- To appreciate and identify opportunities to refer work to other departments.
- To recognise the important of practice development and marketing and shows consistent willingness to become involved with some supervision/guidance.
- Financial control with particular regard to cash-flow control through collection of monies on account and billing procedures.
- To travel to client meetings both in and outside the UK when required
- To promote good file management
- Ability to work self-sufficiently without non fee-earner support
- To ensure compliance with Lexcel and other regulatory procedures
- To maintain and improve professional knowledge base including attainment of annual CPD point
- To assist during the absence of other fee earners
- Undertake other duties as from time to time required
CILEX – A Fellow of the Chartered Institute of Legal Executives
Essential personal qualities and attributes
- Satisfactory level of competence in the chosen area of law and practice (and a sufficient understanding and awareness of all relevant areas of law as appropriate), but recognises the need to develop and learn.
- Achieves targets set for Chartered Legal Executives in respect of chargeable hours, fees, recovery rate, lock-up and non-chargeable time.
- Is developing a client/referrer base.
- Appreciates and identifies opportunities to refer work to other departments.
- Demonstrates a consistent willingness to become involved in activities of the Firm outside of those of normal work.
- Recognises importance of practice development and willingness to become involved.
- Demonstrates a clear understanding of, and alignment with, the values of the Firm.
- Demonstrates a high level of courtesy and respect in dealing with all colleagues, including Central Managements, Finance, IT, HR and Marketing and clients/key business introducers, etc.
Essential skills, knowledge and abilities (Competencies)
- Sound training
- Well developed interpersonal, social and communication skills
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Computer literate with an ability to develop its use in own functional area
- Enthusiasm and commitment
- A sound knowledge of your responsibilities as a Chartered Legal Executive including in the following areas:
- Rules and principles of professional conduct
- Client care
- Conflicts of interest
- Relations with third parties
- Relations with other solicitors
- Regulatory and compliance procedures
Desirable skills, knowledge and abilities (Competencies)
- Prior knowledge of Evolution or other office management systems
- Prior knowledge of Lexcel requirements