Vacancy for Solicitor – Construction in Established Law Firm
Job Ref: PTP9098
Location: South East
Contact Name: Vanessa Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Solicitor – Construction
Our client has a construction practice has a presence in our London, Southampton, Cardiff and Oxford offices. They pride ourselves both on the depth of our deal experience and their ability to deliver specialist support resources on every aspect of a transaction.
The construction group handles all legal (and many commercial) aspects on a wide range of construction projects, some of which are ‘stand alone’ projects and some of which form part of wider property or corporate transactions. The team regularly advises on procurement options and strategies (often in conjunction with the professional team or project manager and also on its own account) as well as advising on the specific legal aspects of the relevant documentation. They handle many contentious construction matters and maintain a keen interest in the field of sustainable construction.
Skills & Experience
Out client is interested in candidates with high calibre construction experience acquired at a leading national, regional or City law firm. Candidates with in-house legal experience at major contractor, consultant or public bodies will also be valued highly. Legal specialists looking to cross-train may also be able to demonstrate a strong business case interest in joining this exciting practice group.
- Understands and complies with Information Security responsibilities commensurate with this role including Data Protection and the duty of confidentiality
- You should be familiar with a range of institutional contracts such as JCT, NEC or FIDIC suites.
Confident and personable
- Strong technical competence
- Intellectual ability
- Exceptional self-motivation
- A team player
- Good communication skills (verbal and written)
- Commercial awareness
- Well regarded where you are
- An active networker and practice developer