Solicitors & Associates – Corporate
Job Ref: 7886
Contact Name: Reg Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: email@example.com
Due to significant growth and client demand, our are actively recruiting talented Solicitors/Associates at all levels across Bristol, Exeter and Plymouth. There are genuine opportunities for the right candidates to get noticed, to really make a difference and to have rapid career progression. The Corporate Team is 23 strong and supports a wide range of clients, from global businesses on transactions with an international dimension to entrepreneurs and business owners requiring local expertise and connections. The team was recently recognised as the most active deal adviser in the South West for 2014 by Experian. It also featured highly in the table of national UK advisers, ranked at No 20. This is the latest recognition for our Corporate team; it was previously shortlisted for Corporate Law firm of the Year at the South West Business Insider Dealmakers Awards 2014.
Our lawyers will be able to work across our Corporates, Owner-Managed-Business and Private Equity sub-groups, with high quality training and the opportunity to specialise and take on growing responsibility.
The wider Corporate Group also has specialists in banking, tax and employment.
Successful candidates will experience:
- City quality work and training in premier regional law firm
- An extremely talented, highly motivated team which seamlessly operates as one across our geographic spread. There is no rigid division between the sub-groups and all team members work with each other advising clients on all aspects of company law, mergers, acquisitions and disposals, private equity, equity capital markets, shareholder agreements and joint ventures, corporate re-organisations, financing and commercial contracts.
- Charities Law. The team also advise on corporate transactions for Charities and social enterprises, community interest companies and community benefits societies.
- The opportunity of running your own matters as well as assisting Partners/Associates as part of client service teams on larger transactions.
- Exposure to lots of direct client contact and involvement in business development activities
We are looking for talented individuals, with a track record of working at a City firm or a highly regarded national or regional practice, with a sound reputation for corporate matters. You will be highly motivated to work as part of this highly entrepreneurial, fast growing team. You will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven technical knowledge – a sound understanding and practical application of the law
- Commercial awareness and focus
- Excellent drafting and communications skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Strong inter-personal skills, including being a team player with the ability to work independently if required;
- A genuine desire and interest in building client relationships;
- A real appetite for learning and developing both your legal and business skills.
Working at Foot Anstey
We offer a competitive salary and bonus scheme, plus a range of benefits through our flexible benefits programme, which enable you to tailor your reward offering to your personal needs. This includes:
- Five weeks’ annual leave (with the additional flexible option to buy/sell up to a week on an annual basis)
- An additional discretionary one day as an â€˜office shut down’ day annually at Christmas time.
- Lifestyle Hour – a discretionary benefit to provide a fully flexible time slot for employees to take an additional hour away from work on a weekly basis in order to balance their personal lifestyle needs and their workload Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme with variable contribution options and the opportunity to salary exchange
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced and bespoke maternity, paternity & adoption arrangements