Senior Associate (Corporate Finance)
Job Ref: 8011
Contact Name: Vanessa Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: email@example.com
Our client are looking to hire a Senior Associate to join their team. The Corporate Finance Practice Area currently consists of 3 partners, 6 associates and 3 trainees. They are seeking a Senior Associate to join the team to work with and provide support to partners and work with associates across the Practice Area, with a specific focus on corporate finance work. The role will include:
- Equity Capital Markets (ECM) transactions involving AIM/Main Market deals (both IPOs and secondary fundraisings) and- acting both for listed corporates and investment banks.
- M&A work – including public company takeovers (for bidder or target), reverse takeovers, take-privates and corporate real estate transactions (involving off-shore SPVs, unit trusts and limited partnership structures).
The split of work will be roughly 50:50 between ECM and M&A work and will suit candidates with strong people skills who enjoy a high level of client contact and who have had previous experience of managing transactions. The Team is dynamic and busy with ambitions to capitalise on the higher volume of transactional work and to increase significantly in size in the short to medium term. Senior associates are provided with excellent career development through our well-developed path to partnership programme.
Candidates must be qualified solicitors with 5-8 year’s PQE in the UK, having trained/worked for a well-regarded corporate/corporate finance practice.
The following experience/skills are essential:
- Excellent academics and strong technical ability.
- Previous experience working on ECM transactions and M&A transactions (public and private).
- Strong commercial focus and client management skills necessary to take and run with transactions with little or no partner support.
- Self-motivation coupled with the ability to work closely with other team members.
- Good contacts and proven potential to generate new instructions for the group.
- Friendly, supportive, sociable individual with ‘can do’ attitude who enjoys their work and will make a valuable contribution to the growth of the Corporate Finance practice.