Pensions Solicitor in Large Law Firm
Job Ref: 9057/PTP
Contact Name: Vanessa Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: email@example.com
Main Duties and Responsibilities
- Delivering practical pensions advice and plain English technical analysis to trustees and sponsoring employers on all aspects of pensions law including group reorganisations and mergers (along with clearance applications), scheme design and benefit changes, scheme closure, liability reduction exercises, and general Pensions & Finance Acts matters.
- Advising on contentious pensions matters including professional negligence claims, rectification applications and disputes between trustees and sponsoring employers.
- Advising distressed employers, or trustees in situations where there are distressed employers.
- Developing understanding of corporate objectives.
- Drafting scheme documentation including amending, consolidating and updating scheme governing documentation.
- Keeping up to date with changes in pensions law and preparing/delivering updates for both clients and the team internally.
- Dealing with accounts processes, including time recording and billing.
- Ensuring that all deadlines are met, including the prompt actioning of all client instructions.
- Involvement in business development initiatives.
The ideal candidate will be self-motivated and deliver excellent service to clients/colleagues. Candidates should have a good eye for detail and be able to work under time constraints and prioritise work load. Great communication skills are a must.
- The successful candidate will have 0 – 2 years PQE
- Experience of pensions law