Partner – Corporate
Job Ref: 7883
Contact Name: Reg Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
The Corporate Partner Bristol position is an exciting opportunity for the right leader to stand out and make a significant contribution to the development and growth of the Corporate Team at our client’s firm. The individual will lead and work with talented, like-minded individuals across a wide range of corporate work in a transparent, down-to-earth and supportive environment.
Our client are now actively seeking to hire a Partner based in Bristol to further drive the growth of the Corporate Team nationally. This hire is a strategic priority and will play a critical role in the development and direction of the Corporate offering, and the positioning of our Bristol office.
Leading the Bristol corporate team, the Corporate Partner Bristol will work collaboratively with other Partners and Senior Associates on a wide variety of transactions, leading the development and growth of the team as a whole. The individual will have the following background and characteristics:
- Partner experience is essential. This individual will act as a role model and lead three strong Senior Associates and an Assistant in Bristol, and must possess Partner attributes, enabling them to be an ambassador for the firm.
- Outward focus, in order to grow our Corporate practice with a following and build on the existing business. Ambition, commitment and the hunger to build the practice is essential.
- Must possess strong network (International/National/London/Bristol), with the ability to operate cross-office and in multisite environments.
- Would need to be excited about the opportunity of building a team.
- Preferably has their own practice following, with experience gained from a well-regarded Corporate team. Strong relationships with major London based law firms, and the ability to encourage a referral arrangement would be an advantage.
- Sector expertise would be beneficial, ideally: retail, leisure, media, technology, financial services or property infrastructure.
- Natural collaborative approach, mentoring skills, and possessing the traits of an already rounded leader.
- Ideally from a London or National firm.
About the Corporate Team
The Corporate Team is 23 strong and supports a wide range of clients, from global businesses on transactions with an international dimension to entrepreneurs and business owners requiring local expertise and connections. Corporate work is integral to our client’s growth and development.
The team is increasingly generating and executing work with an international element, and the proportion and complexity of international work is growing each year. It has an in-depth knowledge and experience in a number of sectors, with team members leading the firm’s sector teams including media, healthcare, charities and financial services. The team work across a number of specialisms, including:
- Private M&A
- Private Equity, Venture Capital
- Domestic IPOs, de-listings and equity / debt fundraisings
- Joint ventures
- Group restructurings
The team works closely with the rest of the firm to provide full service, and with the dedicated Islamic Finance team which provides bespoke advice to major participants in the Islamic finance market.
We offer an attractive reward package for our partners which includes:
- 30 days’ holiday
- Bonus Arrangement
- Private Medical Insurance
- Life Assurance
- Permanent Health Insurance
- Paid sabbaticals
We work in a friendly, supportive, open plan working environment, supported by first class technology and a clear learning & development strategy which offers comprehensive development programmes to all of our lawyers at every level.