Job Ref: 7855
Contact Name: Reg Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: email@example.com
An exciting opportunity has arisen for a Paralegal to join an expanding and highly reputable Contentious Trusts & Probate team. This new role would suit someone who has obtained a law degree, has completed the Legal Practice Course, is a member of the National Association of Licensed Paralegals or is qualified or part-qualified with CILEx and is keen to pursue and develop their career with a successful law firm.
They are seeking a motivated, client focused individual who is looking for a new and challenging opportunity and who ideally has a broad range of legal experience gained from working within a private client and/or litigation environment.
The work of the Contentious Trusts & Probate team covers a wide range of dispute resolution issues in relation to contentious trust and probate matters.
You will undertake fee earning work as a Paralegal in our Contentious Trusts & Probate team, with specific responsibility for assisting an appointed fee earner on client matters relating to contentious trust and probate matters and providing administrative support as necessary. This will include, but will not be limited to, the following matters:
- Validity claims in respect of Wills.
- Inheritance Act claims.
- Construction and rectification of Wills and Trusts.
- Trustee/beneficiary disputes.
- Fraud and recovery of trust and estate assets.
- General personal civil litigation claims.
- Non contentious probate work.
The successful candidate will:
- Have experience of working within the legal services profession, ideally in the private client and/or litigation sector.
- Have experience of the Civil Procedure Rules (CPR).
- Have experience of managing their own workload effectively, particularly in a pressurised environment.
- Have a high standard of general education.
- Possess excellent client care skills.
- Have a high level of accuracy and attention to detail.
- Be an effective communicator, both written and verbal, with the ability to build strong working relationships with colleagues, clients and other professional contacts and agencies.
- Have general office administration experience.
- Enjoy working in a culture that is highly focused but friendly and supportive.