Mental Health Panel Member Solicitor Vacancies
Job Ref: 8102
Location: West Midlands
Contact Name: Vanessa Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is currently looking for dynamic, committed and highly driven Mental Health Panel Members, who have experience in assisting clients detained under the Mental Health Act 1983.
If you are a Mental Health Panel Member, but not yet qualified, this role will be for an immediate training contract.
If you are a qualified solicitor then experience in supervision of staff will also be an advantage.
Applicants must demonstrate extensive expertise in Mental Health matters; public and privately funded.
The main responsibilities of the role will include:
* Assisting with casework in Mental Health Law
* Attending clients, taking instructions and preparing cases and appeals.
* Dealing with correspondence
* Maintaining accurate time costing procedures
* Implementing any recommendations made by your supervisor following monthly file reviews ensuring that these are dealt with promptly.
* Ensuring compliance with file management.
Own advocacy if admitted.
Key Skills Required:
The successful Mental Health Panel Member must demonstrate passion and experience in a broad range of public funded Mental Health Law.
The successful candidate must have:-
* A strong academic background with a Law degree
* Legal experience as a Mental Health Paralegal/Advisor/Solicitor
* Clear understanding and application of Mental Health Law
* Business acumen and the ability to market the Company
* Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office and outlook
The successful candidate must be registered with the Law Society on the Mental Health Panel.
You will be a professional with a pro-active approach, have excellent client care skills and the ability to successfully market the company and generate new business.
It is a requirement that candidates must have a clean, valid Practising Certificate at the time of applying (if a solicitor).