Legal Secretary – Residential
Job Ref: 7952
Contact Name: Reg Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: email@example.com
- About Us
Our client is a leading law firm with offices based in the South West.
They have recently been awarded an â€œOutstandingâ€ accreditation and ranked 42nd in the Sunday Times Top 100 Best Companies survey and therefore pride ourselves on being a great place to work.
About the Role
An excellent opportunity has arisen in their very busy Residential Property, Farms & Estates team for a Conveyancing Assistant to provide secretarial and administrative support to the full Conveyancing process. This role will give you excellent exposure to all aspects of the conveyancing process such as opening files, involvement in searches and completions paperwork.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Complete standard letters and other relevant documents for clients as requested by the fee earners and present for approval.
- Assist in the opening of client files and updating their records onto the DMS (Document Management System)
- Provide general administrative support in following areas: audio typing, photocopying, faxing, scanning, binding documents and deeds, filing and archiving.
- Undertake initiations and completion paperwork including invoicing
- Provide support with Land Registry searches and other searches as required
- To deal with enquires from clients and local agents on the phone, email and face to face
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent) and A Levels (or equivalent)
- ILEX or Legal Qualifications would be highly desirable
- Experience in an administrative role, ideally gained in a legal services or property environment. Experience in Conveyancing processes such as land registry searches and completions is highly desirable
- Excellent communication skills, both written and verbal
- Exceptional organisation and planning skills, with an ability to prioritise workload effectively in a deadline driven environment
- Flexible and enthusiastic approach to work
- Excellent telephone & face to face manner
- Experience using Microsoft Word Packages and Outlook with the ability to learn new IT Systems with training. Experience of using a case management system is highly desirable.