Legal Secretary – Education
Job Ref: 7988
Contact Name: Reg Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is looking to recruit a Legal Secretary specialising in education and employment. The role will provide highly organised and effective legal secretarial support for the Head of the Education Sector, along with providing secretarial and administrative support to an allocation of 1 or 2 others as required.
- Attending to time recording on document management system, including typing attendance notes.
- Telephone management; answering all calls when fee earners are out of office, picking up DDI/messages when required. Answering all client calls, ensuring detailed messages are passed on.
- Diary management including arranging confidential and non-confidential internal departmental meetings. Ensuring the right equipment is available for meetings. Arranging client meetings outside the office, including sourcing/researching appropriate venues for meetings e.g. restaurant/meeting room space where required. Journey planning – ensuring logistical arrangements are suitable for meetings arrangements and preparing schedule.
- Typing and processing of correspondence and documents. Faxing and photocopying documents as required.
- Providing/reviewing billing ledgers, drafting billing narrative summaries based on the ledgers for all bills in the context of client care, identifying potential areas for review as necessary and drafting accompanying covering correspondence for approval on a monthly basis in a good and timely manner to meeting billing deadlines.
- Assisting in the preparation/formatting of tender documents, where required.
- Assisting in the preparation of presentation/presentation hand-outs, where required.
- Ensuring all expense claims/mileage claims and credit card expenses are processed appropriately
- Ensuring all new client/matter data is collated and file opening documentation/files are opened in a timely/accurate fashion.
In addition to the duties as outlined above, you will be required to undertake any other ad-hoc duties as reasonably required.
- Good IT skills and a pro-active approach to keeping up to date with changes in technology.
- The ability to communicate clearly and with all colleagues and clients.
- The ability to work under pressure and effectively prioritise and manage a full work load.
- Excellent organisational skills.
- The ability to work autonomously and on your own initiative. With a pro active approach to problem solving.
- To take responsibility, with other team members as required, for supervising and provide direction to more junior members of the team.
All members of staff are encouraged to work in line with the Firm’s Core Values. Showing commitment to your fee earners’, your colleagues and the Firm in general is also important.
You are expected to work as part of a team and within the wider Team, i.e. other secretaries and fee earners.
The ability to work in harmony with others is essential and to contribute to a pleasant working environment for all concerned.
You will report to the Head of Education Sector.