Legal Assistant – Property
Job Ref: 7945
Contact Name: Reg Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client are looking to recruit a legal assistant to assist/ deal with commercial conveyancing, property financing, management transactions and unit sales for residential developers (includes the preparation of draft documentation).
The team works for a number of Developers, Investors and Lenders. The team aims to provide a highly organised, efficient and cost effective service to our existing clients and to build on this reputation to further grow the practice. The successful candidate will have the opportunity to play a key part in achieving this aim.
The role will be to assist the team with the acquisition, financing and sale or letting of new and existing properties. Particular responsibilities will include:
- Management work for a wide variety of commercial landlords and occupiers, including shopping centres, industrial estates and offices. This will include lettings surrenders and all forms of licences.
- Managing residential unit sales.
- Collating regular portfolio updates and reports for clients.
- Assisting on sales of petrol filling stations and other investment property, both as part of portfolios or singly, including due diligence and assembling schedules of contract amendments.
- Preparing site assembly contracts.
- Generally assisting on due diligence for large-scale investment and development projects.
- Coordinating and drafting conditions precedent in property loan documentation.
- Undertaking registrations and other post-completion matters.
- Assisting with marketing materials and pitch documentation.
- Preparation of SDLT forms and registrations.
The role will be pressurised from time to time and candidates will need to be able to use their own initiative and be quick-thinking and flexible in their approach to their work. We are looking for someone who will be able to deal with clients, their advisers and others, in a professional and courteous manner. This will include meeting such individuals face-to-face on occasions.
- General commercial property experience.
- Good team player.
- Ability to manage multiple files.
- Strong communication and interpersonal skills.
- Self-starter with plenty of drive and initiative.
- Works in a highly organised manner.
- Ability to utilise the appropriate IT skills.
- Strong academic background with a minimum of A Levels or equivalent.