Legal Assistant – Family
Job Ref: 7953
Contact Name: Reg Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: email@example.com
- About the Role
Providing efficient and effective secretarial & administrative support to the Family department in the children and care team, predominantly for a senior and junior fee earner. Providing the first link between the client and the Firm, you will make a great first impression. You will be supporting the department to function effectively & to ensure that the work done by the department complies with internal quality standards and external requirements.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Maintenance of electronic diaries, & ensuring effective use of Outlook
- Scheduling meetings, producing agendas & minutes
- Face to face & telephone contact with clients (arranging meetings, taking details, completing forms etc)
- Audio typing to produce documents
- Completion of daily timesheets for fee earners
- To actively participate in marketing the department’s services and undertake business development activities when required.
- Maintenance of up to date client database
- Opening files competently, including completion of client matter database
- Use, maintain & keep up to date the expert database
- Faxes, filing, scanning, emailing & photocopying
- File maintenance & archiving
- Collection/opening of post
- Dealing with public funding applications
Experienced secretary with excellent organisational and admin skills and great interpersonal skills. Someone who enjoys working in a very busy environment and can balance the needs of each team member through good communication. Must be able to deal with clients in a sensitive manner using tact, discretion and confidentiality. Must be organised and able to prioritise work effectively. Previous experience in a similar role would be highly beneficial however we will consider someone with a willingness to learn and potential to grow into the role.