International Arbitration and Construction Disputes Associate role within renowned law firm
Job Ref: PTP9098
Contact Name: Vanessa Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is a highly reputed International Arbitration and Construction Disputes team with an in-depth knowledge of the market.
The team is truly global in nature, being based in Abu Dhabi, Dubai, Hong Kong, London, Miami, Moscow, New York and Singapore. Working on commercial arbitration, investment arbitration and construction disputes work, in a range of economic sectors and across the world. Joining such a mature and well-developed team offers an opportunity to the suitable candidate to become a genuine specialist practitioner.
Advising in relation to:-
The conduct of international commercial arbitration and investment arbitration and on a range of public international law matters.
The role is for a junior team member with suitable specialist knowledge to work as part of a broader team. The team in London does a mix of international commercial arbitration, construction arbitration and investment arbitration, but it lacks a junior team member with specialist knowledge of public international law. That work is currently done at partner and senior associate level but only with one partner having significant specialist knowledge.
In addition, there is a need to work with, and support, the investment arbitration specialists in our Miami office.
Experience and knowledge:
Up to two years’ post qualification experience in international arbitration and public international law with strong academics, including postgraduate level qualifications in international law.
Skills and competencies:
• Genuine knowledge of international law, both private international law (relevant for international commercial arbitration) and public international law (relevant for investment arbitration and broader public international law issues);
• Commercially focussed with an intellectual curiosity;
• Confident in front of clients;
• Ability to work independently but know when to seek additional support;
• Clear and concise communication skills; and
• Flexibility and adaptability.