Fee Earning Paralegal – Commercial Property
Job Ref: 9062/PTP
Contact Name: Vanessa Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is looking to recruit a Fee Earning Paralegal in their Surrey office who has a legal background with specific experience in Commercial Property and knowledge of the law involved.
The ideal candidate will have an ability to work under pressure and to work effectively as part of a team, a methodical approach to tasks, will be focussed and target driven, have well developed interpersonal, social and communication skills and be enthusiasm and committed. They will be computer literate and ideally have previous experience of an electronic file management system.
- The jobholder is designated as a matter handler for file audit purposes and has her/his own file caseload.
- Undertaking fee earning work in own specialist area. In particular:
- file creation;
- generation of suitable client care correspondence;
- completion of client questionnaires;
- drafting of petition/court documentation;
- arranging for or personal attendance at routine directions/interlocutory hearings.
- Conducting matters to conclusion
- Managing the collation of matter start and matter completion data and preparing all claims for costs.
- Deputising for senior Fee Earners in the team in their absence, passing urgent issues to another senior fee earner for guidance if necessary.
- Preparing statutory notices (under the supervision of a more senior fee earner as necessary).
- Dealing with non statutory lease extensions and freehold sale/purchase matters.
- Attending to clients and agents both in person and on the telephone in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care: including updating clients and agents; chasing clients, other side and organisations for information.
- Recognises the importance of practice development and marketing and shows a willingness to become involved with supervision/guidance.
- Appreciates and identifies opportunities to refer work to other departments.
- Ensures the confidentiality of all the Firm’s and clients’ documentation and information.
- Undertakes any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
Law Degree preferably LPC/BVC graduate or Institute of Paralegal membership needed
Essential personal qualities and attributes/ Essential skills, knowledge and abilities
- Legal background with specific experience in Commercial Property and knowledge of the law involved.
- Working knowledge of Excel
- Previous experience of an electronic file management system
- Ability to work effectively as part of a team
- Ability to work effectively under pressure
- Methodical approach to tasks
- Focussed and target driven
- Well developed interpersonal, social and communication skills
- Computer literate with an ability to develop its use in own functional area
- Enthusiasm and commitment
Desirable skills, knowledge and abilities (Competencies)
- Previous experience of Evolution Practice Management system