Corporate Tax Lawyer Required for Highly Successful Law Firm
Job Ref: 9080
Contact Name: Vanessa Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: email@example.com
Corporate Tax Lawyer
Our clients are are looking for a 1-6 year Associate to join the commercial tax side of our award winning Private Client and Tax department. The commercial tax team provides stand-alone tax structuring advice to our high net worth clients and their businesses as well as playing a key role in supporting the firm’s property and corporate teams. We provide business oriented solutions that are sensitive to client’s commercial realities as well as top quality technical tax advice.
Their clients are from both the UK and overseas and own assets that range from busy international and domestic family businesses to traditional landed estates. They specialise in giving proactive and commercial tax advice that helps those clients to preserve and enhance their wealth and ensure compliance with their various UK tax obligations. They focus is on providing a very personal service to clients with complex needs, usually with owners or owner’s representatives not managers and have the opportunity to get involved with strategic decisions at a high level. This stimulating role requires a candidate who can communicate well about tax issues.
They are looking for a strong candidate who has a keen interest in property and corporate tax. This will involve stand alone SDLT and VAT queries and also structuring issues regarding on and offshore companies, partnerships, funds and trusts. The candidate will also get involved in corporate tax due diligence on the acquisition of companies and drafting the tax documentation for corporate deals. Candidates must have strong academics and or likely to be already in a City, West End or leading regional practice.
- Experience within a busy corporate tax team
- Exposure to a range of tax issues and disciplines as opposed to one type of tax only
- Good technical knowledge gained in a prominent London or regional tax department
- A good awareness of commercial issues
- Excellent communication skills and the ability to deal confidently with existing, highly valued clients
- Must be an enthusiastic team player and have the ability and skills to share knowledge in order to develop other members of the team
- Intellectually able, 2:1 or above
- Self-starter who takes initiative
- Sponsorship is provided for further qualifications such as STEP or CT