Corporate & Commercial Solicitor Required Within Prominent Law Firm
Job Ref: 9065/PTP
Contact Name: Vanessa Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: email@example.com
Corporate & Commercial Solicitor
Our clients’ Corporate & Commercial team are looking for a solicitor to join their growing department.
- To work in conjunction with the Head of Department in dealing with the Firm’s Corporate and Commercial workload and to support the Partners in the development of commercial and other suitable work for the Department.
- Assisting the Head of Department in connection with corporate and other commercial matters as well as initially taking on existing caseload and thereafter to develop own caseload through new clients, existing clients and as a consequence of marketing efforts on your own and/or in tandem with other members of the team.
- To work with the Head of Department on complex cases as required.
- Develop any existing areas of specialisation within the departmental structure.
- Engage in active marketing of the Department.
- Accountable to the Head of Department.
- To attend as required departmental meetings
- Marketing – promoting own department, engaging in initiatives of the firm
- Training – self – Professional (ensuring compliance with CPD requirements), I.T. and Management
- Training – others – to assist in and promote staff training and development
- Supervision and management of staff to include the carrying out of appraisal and reviews of departmental staff as appropriate
- Remain up to date with any quality initiative promoted by the Law Society
- Carry out other tasks commensurate with position as a fee earner or as are reasonably requested by the Partners
- Engage in the promotion of the Corporate Commercial, Commercial Real Estate departments and of the firm generally.
- Liaise with and assist Head of Corporate Commercial Department in management of the Department
- Engage in any initiatives or activities as reasonably requested by the Partners in relation to the marketing of the services of the firm generally
- Generally to promote the reputation of the firm.