Job Ref: 7895
Contact Name: Reg Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: email@example.com
Following the successful appointment of a new Partner, our client’s team is looking to grow further with the appointment of a new Solicitor who will become an integral member of their growing national practice. This is a full time vacancy for a 3-5 PQE Solicitor to join our Construction team (Non-Contentious) within the Exeter office.
The successful candidate will be expected to assist the team with the full range of non-contentious construction matters.
This includes but is not limited to:-
* drafting of building contracts and associated sub-contracts (primarily JCT & NEC3 though some knowledge of PPC, FIDIC, IChemE & MF/1 is advantageous);
* development agreements;
* maintenance and FM agreements;
* consultant appointments;
* collateral warranties;
* all forms of security documentation;
* project monitoring;
* dispute avoidance.
Particular experience in our core sector work is advantageous and the successful candidate may also be asked to participate in cross department work with our national projects team on for example PFI instructions or the renewables and energy team.
The successful candidate will be included in the business development initiatives of the team and be asked to lead and develop interest areas for career progression. The partners already have a strategy to build the practice and the role will include preparing for seminars, drafting email bulletins and participating in business development events.
The successful candidate must have:
* A strong academic background;
* At least 3 years PQE ideally;
* Non-contentious construction experience gained within a leading regional or city practice;
* Experience of working in the energy and renewables sector is preferable; and
* A genuine interest in pursuing a career in non-contentious construction law within our core sectors.
Other core requirements are:
* A commercial approach and an ability to provide clients with solutions. The interest and ability to quickly understand the client’s business is essential;
* Based in Exeter with a willingness to travel between our Bristol and London offices;
* Excellent verbal and written communication skills with clients, colleagues and other professionals;
* Excellent organisational and time management skills, including an ability to prioritise and meet deadlines. Work often has to be turned around very quickly to tight deadlines;
* A positive and pro-active approach to work with the ability to respond under pressure and adapt to a variety of situations; and
* The drive and enthusiasm to succeed.