Associate – Finance
Job Ref: 8008
Contact Name: Vanessa Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: email@example.com
Our client is looking for a lawyer to join their Finance practice. This role is to focus on either leveraged / acquisition finance or structured finance / trade finance and assist the partners in these practice areas.
- The role will have a high level of client contact and there will be strong involvement in business development. Institutional clients are well developed and the candidate will have the opportunity to join core teams regularly acting for a number of institutions.
- Client secondments (usually between 3 and six months) as well as short term TW jurisdictional secondments (three to four weeks but can be longer) are encouraged in the group, and therefore candidates should be willing to be involved in these types of opportunity.
- Clients include UK domestic and European institutions.
- Integration across the Business Group, the national and international firm is encouraged through key client development, industry groups and Associate Academies.
- The successful candidate should be comfortable working as part of a team and would be encouraged to manage matters and clients independently, with minimal supervision where appropriate. They will also be expected to delegate to and assist in the supervision of more junior members of the team.
The successful candidate, will have the ability at this level to come into a well developed group with a clear focus as to work types, clients and targets with well-developed client service recognition, which will enable the successful candidate to develop their own career aspirations.
Knowledge, Skills & Experience
Candidates must be UK qualified (or have completed the QLTT) with experience in the relevant areas.
The following skills/experience are essential:
- Experience gained at a top tier finance practice.
- Strong current technical skills in either leveraged / acquisition finance or structured finance / trade finance. Previous experience in real estate finance would be a benefit.
- Strong drafting skills, working both with and without reference to precedents.
- Ability to work both independently and in conjunction with partners.
- A commercial focus and excellent client management and relationship skills.
- A focus on business development and building client relationships.
- Experience of supervising and mentoring more junior lawyers and providing encouragement and support in this role.