Assistant in Probate Department – Competitive Salary
Job Ref: 9069/PTP
Contact Name: Vanessa Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is currently looking to recruit a Departmental Assistant/Legal Secretary at their offices in Surrey in the Probate Department.
MAIN PURPOSE OF ROLE
The successful candidate will be required to provide direct support to his/her Fee Earner to enable the Fee Earner to operate at optimum efficiency and to produce accurate, high quality typed work from audio and script using all Microsoft packages (Word & Excel). This will include but will not be limited to the main responsibilities listed below. The candidate will be expected to use a high degree of self-motivation and initiative.
DUTIES AND RESPONSIBILITIES
- To prepare correspondence and documents through audio typing and script
- Opening and closing files in accordance with the requirements of Lexcel
- To prepare post and enclosures for despatch.
- To arrange for all copying to be done, in person if the designated person is not available to undertake the task.
- Accurate, efficient diary management.
- Co-ordination/planning of appointments.
- To prepare meeting rooms as necessary and for the tidying and clearance of the room at the end of the meeting.
- To provide refreshments when asked to do so.
- To provide support to other departmental assistants/legal secretaries as required.
- To provide guidance to less experienced and temporary departmental assistants/legal secretaries when required to do so.
- To attend clients both in person and on the telephone and to provide such support in a professional and friendly manner in keeping with the firm’s standards for client care.
- To undertake any specific training when required to do so and overall to have a responsibility towards self-development.
- To ensure the confidentiality of all the firm’s and client’s documentation and information.
- Perform any other duties the Partners require.