Agriculture/Rural Estates Lawyer Vacancy
Job Ref: 7911
Contact Name: Reg Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: email@example.com
Our client are seeking an ambitious 2-5 years PQE non-contentious Agricultural/Rural Estate Lawyer to join their Commercial Property team.
They have built an enviable presence in the Devon and Cornwall agricultural estate market from their base in Plymouth and to enable them to support this success and to allow greater expansion following the retirement of a key team member, they now need to hire a further Lawyer to assist with the continued development of the team.
The candidate we are looking for will have:
- proven experience in agricultural, rural property and estate work gained at a reputable commercial law firm including conveyancing and landlord and tenant matters;
- a clear understanding of the subsidy systems affecting farms;
- an understanding of different types of business structures and the taxation systems which apply;
- an appetite for building strong working relationships with Clients and a real interest in learning and progressing their career;
- the ability to partner with Clients in a commercially sensible and strategic way;
- a commercial, professional and pro-active approach to dealing with Client matters;
- confidence to manage their own workload, with minimal supervision;
- excellent organisational skills and an ability to juggle competing priorities;
- the ability to cope well under pressure;
- great drafting skills;
- excellent interpersonal skills;
- the ability to work effectively and sensitively within the team;
- self-confidence and initiative, and be an innovative thinker;
- the ability to provide innovative solutions to complex problems;
- the ability to forge opportunities and work collaboratively as a team across different practice areas – particularly in conjunction with our Private Client team
- the highest levels of Client service;
You will be motivated by the idea of being part of a small but growing team with high expectations and an ambitious nature.
We advise our Clients on a range of matters from investment, acquisition and disposal, development work, entitlements and subsidy advice, Landlord & Tenant matters (including FBT & AHA advice), renewable energy schemes, farm diversification projects, development and strategic land promotion projects and support on property aspects of corporate transactions.