Job Ref: 7871
Contact Name: Reg Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: email@example.com
Our client have a vacancy for an Administration Assistant. This role is offered on a job-share basis where the successful candidate will be required to work full-time for approximately 10 weeks of the year for the purposes of holiday cover. We are looking for an organised individual with previous Administration experience. You will be confident managing a busy workload with the ability to use your own initiative and work well under pressure.
The successful candidate will need to be able to:
- Successfully undertake general administrative duties including, for example, post/DX opening and distribution in the morning and preparation for collection in the evening, file opening and closing, logging, storing and retrieving files/deeds/wills, destruction of files, stationery ordering, purchasing office supplies and providing refreshment for clients if necessary
- Provide cover on Reception by meeting and greeting all callers to the office in a friendly and professional manner ensuring the person for whom they are calling is notified as quickly as possible
- When covering on Reception, answer the telephone by means of our centralised computerised answering system and deal with those calls in a prompt, efficient and courteous manner taking accurate details and either placing the call or passing the details on as quickly as possible. When providing this cover it might also include the need to deal with card payments from callers to the office
- Demonstrate good organisation skills
- Manage conflicting demands in a professional and calm manner
- Demonstrate effective communication skills, both written and spoken
- Cope well under pressure, with an ability to work flexibly and cope with changing priorities
- Take a positive and proactive approach to work, anticipating and meeting the needs of the office
- Be competent in using Word and other Microsoft Products (Outlook and Powerpoint)
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of our client’s office and to thrive in a professional and friendly environment.