Solicitor/Associate – Commercial
Job Ref: 7886
Contact Name: Reg Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to continued growth and client demand, our client have a vacancy for a talented and motivated competition and state aid Solicitor / Associate. You will work closely with their Head of Procurement, Competition and State Aid to provide high quality, practical advice to an increasingly sophisticated client base.
The successful candidate will be keen to grow the competition and state aid practice and is likely in due course to take primary responsibility for this practice area.
Knowledge of public procurement law and a willingness to work with our increasingly well respected procurement team would be an advantage.
You are most likely to be based in Bristol or Exeter and will work with clients across the South West, as well as nationally.
Sat within the Commercial Team, you can expect to experience:
- A wide range of behavioural competition law, merger control and state aid work for clients from nationally recognised businesses to small local undertakings.
- The freedom to run your own matters (with appropriate support when needed).
- Support and encouragement to develop the practice area and promote it internally and externally.
- The chance to train other members of the Commercial Team in issue spotting and, where appropriate, to develop the capabilities of colleagues to support the competition and state aid practice.
Our client are looking for a talented individual who already has a track record advising on a range of competition and state aid matters. You are likely to have experience advising clients during mergers before the CMA, litigation in the CAT, compliance programmes and advising on a wide range of trading arrangements. You may have experience in regulated industries including health care.
You will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven technical knowledge
- An awareness of the economic concepts underpinning competition law
- Excellent communication and the ability to explain complex legal concepts in a straightforward way
- A genuine desire to build client relationships and grow the competition and state aid practice
Our client offers a competitive salary and bonus scheme, plus a range of benefits through our flexible benefits programme, which enable you to tailor your reward offering to your personal needs. This includes:
- Five weeks’ annual leave (with the additional flexible option to buy/sell up to a week on an annual basis)
- An additional discretionary one day as an ‘office shut down’ day annually at Christmas time.
- Lifestyle Hour – a discretionary benefit to provide a fully flexible time slot for employees to take an additional hour away from work on a weekly basis in order to balance their personal lifestyle needs and their workload
- Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme with variable contribution options and the opportunity to salary exchange
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced and bespoke maternity, paternity & adoption arrangements