Job Ref: 8028
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact Name: Vanessa Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to the continuous growth of their PI department, our client is currently looking for a Solicitor with 8 years PQE to join their Asbestos Related Disease team.
Personal injury and illness can have a dramatic and sometimes life changing impact for the person affected and for those who are close to them. The personal injury teams at Irwin Mitchell don’t just deal with compensation claims. We also work with our clients and their families to ensure all of their rehabilitation needs are met. It’s a unique, bespoke approach that really makes a difference to people whose lives have been turned upside down by injury.
This is an exciting opportunity to join an Asbestos Related Disease team based in Leeds. The team has over 25 years of experience representing Victims’ of asbestos related diseases, operating as part of a highly successful specialist Asbestos national team to provide outstanding client care and achieve landmark case judgements.
As a senior member of the team, you will play an integral role in the growth and leadership of the team. You’ll lead the investigation and litigation on complex cases, working as part of a team to maximise client damages and optimise costs recover. In your role as you will be responsible for leading a small team of Paralegals and Litigation Assistants, to deliver an exceptional client experience, develop their technical expertise and meet agreed performance targets. You will also be responsible for developing external relationships with nurses, other medical professionals and victim support groups to provide an exceptional client experience and generate new cases.
To be successful in this role you must;
• Have experience 8+ years Personal Injury litigation experience ideally in Asbestos Related Disease cases.
• Have a strong appetite for business development, able to build successful relationships with senior expert medical professionals and charities. Existing contacts in within the local area would be an advantage.
• Be able to operate independently and as part of a team to deliver the best outcomes for our clients and develop other team members.
• Be able to supervise, coach, lead and develop a team of Solicitors, Paralegals and Litigation Assistants. Previous people management experience would be an advantage.
• Have excellent client care and inter-personal skills, operating with integrity and showing empathy and intuition.
We offer a competitive salary and benefits package including pension, critical illness cover, health cash plan and death in service benefit.