Project Lawyer – Commercial Services
Job Ref: 7970
Contact Name: Reg Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: email@example.com
Due to continuing growth, our client requires a permanent full time solicitor.
Our client is currently instructed on a number of high value and complex projects. The new solicitor will therefore assist the Partners in the Commercial team on a range of commercial projects transactions with a particular focus on public private partnerships. Experience of public private partnerships, including PFI or related models, outsourcing or project-finance transaction is desirable but not essential.
The team has a wide variety of work for both private sector and public sector clients across a range of sectors including health, education, local government and IT. A knowledge of one or more of these sectors is desirable but not essential.
The person specification
- Between 2-4 years PQE gained in a transactional role;
- A background in projects, outsourcing, corporate, construction or finance related work or any other large-scale transactional work;
- Experience of running transactions or key aspects of large transactions from start to finish;
- Good inter-personal skills including the ability to interact not only with clients but other professional advisers including financial consultants and other project parties such as counterparties, sub-contractors or funders
- An excellent understanding of contract law;
- Excellent written and oral communication skills including the ability to translate complex issues into language that clients can easily understand;
- The ability to apply or adapt contractual principles to new contractual models and structures; and
- The ability to identify issues relating to a transaction as a whole rather than dealing with matters in isolation and to suggest solutions.
- Confident and personable
- Exceptional self-motivation
- A team player