Private Client Solicitor Vacancy
Job Ref: 7970
Contact Name: Reg Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
An opportunity for a Lawyer has arisen to be based in 2 of our client’s offices . The successful candidate will be required to provide an important contribution to the work of the Private Client Department supporting the on-going growth and development of the department’s activities, and contributing to the growth of client work and fee income.
You will need to work effectively with clients, and other members of both the private client department. You will be expected to deal professionally and efficiently with a wide range of work whilst complying with procedures and working practices.
You will need to be able to work confidently with minimal supervision and be able to produce the majority of your own documents and correspondence through use of our case management system.
- Advising on and preparing Wills and Codicils
- Providing basic inheritance tax planning advice
- Preparing and registering Lasting Powers of Attorney
- Providing basic advice on care fees and related elderly client issues
- The administration of estates (both taxable and non-taxable)
- Assisting on other private client matters in accordance with experience and under supervision where appropriate
- Willingness to be involved in business development opportunities
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of successfully working in a private client department undertaking this nature of work
- A focus on developing and maintaining professional and effective client relationships at all levels, with excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Successful track record of involvement in both marketing initiatives and activities aimed at increasing fee income and raising own profile and that of the business
- A flexible approach and the capability to work well and flourish within a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas and offices.
- Ability to meet financial and non-financial targets together with other broader objectives set for successful performance of this role.
- Demonstrate ability to follow procedures in accordance with professional body requirements; for example, Lexcel compliance, and firm’s internal procedures together with meeting all compliance and quality targets.
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach which demonstrates commercial awareness and business aptitude in making decisions on a day to day basis
- Clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills including the use of case management software
- Ability to produce work which is accurate and presented in a well ordered manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Forward thinking with a willingness to embrace changing working practices and pro-actively get involved in the continuous improvement of services, products and processes
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise effectively
This is an excellent opportunity to become an integral member of a Private Client Department and to thrive in a professional and friendly environment.