Planning and Environment Solicitor / Associate
Job Ref: 7898
Contact Name: Reg Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
You will have the opportunity to undertake the following type of work:
- Section 106 agreements.
- Advice on planning strategy regarding planning applications.
- Highways agreements, stopping up and diversions.
- Contentious planning matters.
- Town and Village Greens.
- Advising in relation to planning policy and the local plan process.
We are happy to accept applications from people looking to work from either our cleint’s Exeter or Bristol offices. Please note that if the successful candidate is based in Bristol, regular travel to meet with the team in Exeter will be required.
You will have at least three years’ experience in planning and highways work, gained in a well-respected private sector planning and environment practice. This will include contentious planning in the form of appeals, judicial review and statutory challenges and advising in relation to planning enforcement.
It would be great if you have experience of environmental work, but this is not an essential requirement of the role.
You will be used to managing your own caseload and working closely with colleagues across a range of different teams.
What is essential is that you will be able to build effective and positive client relationships quickly and fully embrace the importance of client service. You will also be keen to expand and/or share your knowledge within the team, helping to support the development of other team members.
- Strong interpersonal skills; effective communicator at all levels (written and verbal).
- A commercial, pro-active and professional approach to work.
- Excellent organisational skills, demonstrable examples of multi-tasking and an ability to juggle competing priorities.
- Must interact well with others in a sensitive and effective way – a team player.
- Must be self-motivated, committed to working towards goals with strong enthusiasm and career commitment.
- Understand the importance of confidentiality and use of discretion.
- Possess the ability to cope well under pressure.
- Must be flexible, successfully adapting to changing demands and conditions.
- Demonstrate self-confidence, initiative, and be an innovative thinker.