Paralegal – Residential Conveyancing
Job Ref: 7894
Contact Name: Reg Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
As a leading law firm, our client provides proactive, responsive and quality legal guidance across a comprehensive range of services. With their headquarters in Exeter, and offices in Bristol and London, they advise clients across the UK and internationally.
Our client are looking for an experienced Paralegal to join their existing Residential Conveyancing team based in Exeter. The purpose of the role is to provide proactive and professional support to lawyers and deliver a first class service to clients. This is a 12 month FTC opportunity, looking for someone to join the team in December.
Main Duties will include:
- Dealing with the sale and purchase of residential properties, entailing:
- Managing sale and purchase transactions from the point of instruction until completion and dealing with post-completion formalities.
- Ensure deposits and completion monies are remitted to clients in the correct manner when required.
- Aiming to meet all targets set by clients in respect of exchange and completion deadlines.
- Facilitate / undertake file management, including compliance with File Opening and Lexcel procedures and other practice management standards, filing (electronic / hard copy), regular reviews of files and papers for lawyers, prompting lawyer to update clients where appropriate, checking account balances and liaise with lawyers to ensure timely billing, and that all files which are not current are archived and deeds are put in storage.
- Build and maintain effective relationships with lawyers and clients, and develop knowledge of the department’s clients and their business
- Actively support firm’s client service initiatives, including attending client events and seminars where required
- Ensure the confidentiality and security of all firm and client documentation/information.
- Maintaining regular contact with the client and keep them informed at all times.
- Dealing promptly with all client enquires and correspondence
- Ensuring knowledge of and compliance with all relevant aspects of the Law Society’s Guide to Professional Conduct.
- Adhering to the Law Society’s Client Care directive and the conveyancing protocol and to issue the client care documentation at the relevant time.
- Preparing accurate fee estimates through costs and disbursements data obtained from internal and external on-line resources.
- Minimum of 1 years’ experience in residential conveyancing.
- Competent with Microsoft 2010 (Word, Excel, Outlook etc.) and data management systems.
The successful candidate will have:
- Excellent communication skills, both verbal and written.
- Excellent telephone manner.
- Excellent attention to detail.
- Excellent and proactive organisational skills.
- Positive approach and attitude.
- Conscientious, approachable and enthusiastic.
- Able to quickly build confidence, respect and trust with others.
- Strong team working skills, with a willingness to help others.
- Able to cope well under pressure and with changing priorities.
- Flexible approach to work.
- Demonstrates strong initiative.
- Has a clear understanding of confidentiality and data protection.
- Ability to use tact and discretion.