Paralegal – Dispute Resolution
Job Ref: 7882
Contact Name: Reg Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client is looking to recruit a Paralegal for their Dispute Resolution team in Plymouth. To support the Disputes Team by providing an excellent service to our clients as well as contributing to the growth of client work and fee income. More specifically, to negotiate payment arrangements and initiate legal proceedings to recover unpaid business debt and enforcing judgements.
You will need to work effectively with our clients and their business customers. You will be expected to deal professionally and efficiently with written correspondence on a daily basis whilst complying with procedures and working practices.
To administer and progress existing legal account portfolio, including contested or defended cases.
To provide support on a wide variety of transactions, which may include:
Pursuing claims and making recoveries, drafting pleadings and witness statements and instigating and monitoring enforcement actions
Researching the law and collating evidence for issues
Reviewing/collating electronic data and preparing files of issues for potential adjudication
Working closely with other departments to obtain evidence and data in preparation for potential disputes
Briefing Counsel, attending conferences and assisting in drafting/amending legal pleadings and witness statements
To support others in the team with any specific business development and marketing activities to develop client work and fee income as part of supporting the business and strategic plans
To work with the Team Leader and others within the Financial & Commercial Disputes Team to further develop the offering and client base as required.
To ensure appropriate quality service and compliance for all matters in accordance with agreed standard policies
To consistently meet all KPI targets and any other broader objectives as agreed on a quarterly and annual basis as part of the Team plans
Skills and Attributes
Proven knowledge and experience of litigation and dispute resolution work including claims for unpaid business debt, making recoveries by agreement or enforcement, injunctions, instigating and monitoring enforcement actions and breach of contract claims.
Demonstrate commercial awareness and business aptitude in making decisions concerning debtors on a day to day basis.
Experience of some business development and marketing activities in support of the Team increasing the client base.
A highly flexible approach and the capability to work well and flourish within a team environment.
Excellent all round communication skills including the capability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas.
Commitment to working within a quality standard environment
Commitment to on-going professional and personal development including self-awareness and self-reflection and continuous improvement
Experience of delivering to targets and objectives
An understanding of the importance of knowledge management and sharing
Previous experience of working with a CRM system would be an advantage
The main benefits available to you include:
- Five weeks’ annual leave (with the additional flexible option to buy/sell up to a week on an annual basis)
- Additional discretionary one day as an ‘office shut down’ day annually at Christmas time.
- Lifestyle Hour – a discretionary benefit to provide a fully flexible time slot for employees to take an additional hour away from work on a weekly basis in order to balance their personal lifestyle needs and their workload
- Life Assurance (4 x reference salary once you’ve achieved six months service)
- Contributory pension scheme with variable contribution options and the opportunity to salary exchange, which is a great way to boost both your pension and your take home salary through dealing with your NI contributions more efficiently
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme (saving tax and NI through salary exchange)
- Cycle to work scheme (saving tax and NI through salary exchange – available after successful completion of probation period)
- Enhanced and bespoke maternity, paternity & adoption arrangements
- Staff conveyancing scheme – limited to two transactions per year and available to staff after completion of 12 months service
- Recruitment referral scheme (paid via payroll and subject to normal deductions). Payable to employees who refer external candidates for any current Fee Earner vacancies and where the candidate is subsequently employed as a result of that introduction, subject to the terms of this policy being met in full.