Paralegal – Commercial Recoveries
Job Ref: 7967
Contact Name: Reg Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: email@example.com
Our client is looking to recruit a Paralegal. This role is based within the Commercial Recoveries team. The team is ranked in the top tier of the Legal 500 and is looking for part time (hours to be agreed) and full time Collections and Litigation Paralegals. We anticipate that the full time hours will be Monday to Friday 10 am to 6pm and part time hours will commence in the afternoon and finish circa 7 pm.
Much of our client’s work is acting for finance clients pursuing a debt recovery dialogue with customers. In undertaking such work we treat all customers fairly. They will train and coach you to:
- balance the requirements of debt recovery and the need of our clients to ensure we treat customers fairly
- be sensitive to customers’ circumstances and ensure you conduct yourself in a friendly and open manner
You will have a caseload of debt accounts and will:
- make telephone calls to customers (both before and during litigation)
- send letters to customers seeking to engage with them on debt cases
- discuss the customer’s financial circumstances, assess customer’s income and expenditure forms on paper and over the telephone
- agree repayment plans
- identify cases which may be suitable for the legal process
- assist Litigation Paralegals in standard day to day tasks.
You will need to have the drive and determination to get the best from the role.
The person specification
- Team Player
- Attention to detail
- Must be able to show sympathy and empathy to customers some of whom may be in difficult personal circumstances
- Good oral and written communication skills with an excellent telephone manner
- Good GCSEs and/or A levels