Mental Health Panel Member Solicitor Vacancy
Job Ref: 8093
Location: West Yorkshire
Contact Name: Vanessa Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: email@example.com
Our client is currently looking for dynamic, committed and highly driven Mental Health Panel Members, who have experience in assisting clients that are suffering from mental health problems and are being compulsorily detained under the Mental Health Act 1983.
Applicants must demonstrate extensive expertise in Mental Health matters; public and privately funded.
• Assisting with casework in Mental Health Law
• Attending clients, taking instructions and preparing cases
• Dealing with correspondence
• Maintaining accurate time costing procedures
• Implementing any recommendations made by your supervisor following monthly file reviews ensuring that these are dealt with promptly.
• Ensuring compliance with file management.
• Supervision of trainees and paralegals
Key Skills Required:
The successful Mental Health Panel Member must demonstrate passion and experience in a broad range of public funded Mental Health Law.
The successful candidate must have:-
• A strong academic background with a Law degree
• Legal experience as a Mental Health Paralegal/Advisor/Solicitor
• Clear understanding and application of Mental Health Law
• Business acumen and the ability to market the Company
• Excellent working knowledge of Microsoft office and outlook
• Experience in supervision
The successful candidate must be registered with the Law Society on the Mental Health Panel.