Legal Support Assistant – Commercial Property
Job Ref: 7880
Contact Name: Reg Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client are looking to recruit a Legal Support Assistant to be based in their Plymouth office. The purpose of this role is to provide high quality administrative/ support services to the team to enable delivery of the team operational strategy. Specifically the areas of involvement will include Client and Business Development / Prospective Client Engagement Activities, Team and File Operational Activities and Team Finance and Risk Activities.
Organising travel and meetings
Finance and Risk Management. Assist Matter Partners and other fee earners with managing monthly billing procedures, cash collection and credit control processes.
Supporting the production of team performance reporting
File management to ensure compliance with Foot Anstey practices and procedures to include, for example, Lexcel, Code of Conduct, and anti-Money Laundering.
Business Development (in conjunction with the Client Development Team)
Producing pitches and capability statements within the agreed format
Client research and building relationships
Responsible for other administrative business development tasks for the team as agreed from time to time.
File opening and accompanying maintenance procedures alongside the central file opening function; to include production of terms of business letters, confirmation of instruction letters, ID checks and the entering of entities and capacities on each new client/matter file
Management of diaries
File closing to include all file closing activities
Skills and Attributes
A positive and practical approach with the ability to identify and implement opportunities to develop your own and the team support services to fee earners
Ability to support fee earners through proactive interaction and understanding of their support needs
Confident prioritisation skills to complete assigned tasks as required
Attention to detail
Ability to work independently and within a team both with Support Unit members and the wider team, contributing effectively in team meetings
Ability to understand and interpret complex tasks
The ability to work under pressure and to tight deadlines
Ability to interact with clients up to the delegated level of authority, building positive relationships and establishing yourself as a key member of the team
Excellent organisational skills to enable proactive working
Excellent IT skills across the MS suite of programmes along with a willingness to learn new computer packages
Prepared to undertake training deemed necessary by the Firm to meet the needs of the business and be flexible in approach
The main benefits available to you include:
- Five weeks’ annual leave (with the additional flexible option to buy/sell up to a week on an annual basis)
- Additional discretionary one day as an ‘office shut down’ day annually at Christmas time.
- Lifestyle Hour – a discretionary benefit to provide a fully flexible time slot for employees to take an additional hour away from work on a weekly basis in order to balance their personal lifestyle needs and their workload
- Life Assurance (4 x reference salary once you’ve achieved six months service)
- Contributory pension scheme with variable contribution options and the opportunity to salary exchange, which is a great way to boost both your pension and your take home salary through dealing with your NI contributions more efficiently
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme (saving tax and NI through salary exchange)
- Cycle to work scheme (saving tax and NI through salary exchange – available after successful completion of probation period)
- Enhanced and bespoke maternity, paternity & adoption arrangements
- Staff conveyancing scheme – limited to two transactions per year and available to staff after completion of 12 months service
- Recruitment referral scheme (paid via payroll and subject to normal deductions). Payable to employees who refer external candidates for any current Fee Earner vacancies and where the candidate is subsequently employed as a result of that introduction, subject to the terms of this policy being met in full.