Legal Secretary Vacancy – Family Law
Job Ref: 7951
Contact Name: Reg Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
About the Role
Our client has a highly regarded Family team, having achieved high rankings in both the Legal 500 & Chambers directories. Two of their members sit as Deputy District Judges. They have substantial expertise in both private client family matters and Care.
They have an opportunity for an experienced Secretary to join the Family team on a permanent basis to provide support to 2 fee earners who focus on Care work. You will work to provide efficient administrative and secretarial support to ensure the department functions effectively.
Responsibilities of the Role
- Secretarial duties including Audio typing, document preparation, taking telephone messages and completion of daily timesheets for fee earners.
- Administration duties including maintenance of the client database, opening case files, file maintenance and archiving, collection of post.
- PA duties including maintenance of diaries, scheduling meetings and direct contact with Clients
- Any other reasonable administrative duties such as faxing, filing, scanning, emailing and photocopying or duties directed by the Department Head.
- Minimum of 5 GCSEs at Grade C or above (or equivalent)
- RSA (Stage I, II & III) (Typewriting & Word Processing) or an Audio Typing qualification preferred
- Experience in a Secretarial role in a Legal environment, ideally with experience of Family work.
- Ability to operate well within a team
- Strong interpersonal skills
- Good organisation and planning skills, with an ability to prioritise workload effectively
- Excellent telephone & face to face manner
- Ability to type quickly and accurately with exceptional attention to detail
- Experience using Microsoft Word Packages, Audio Typing
- Family Experience preferred but not essential
Our client offers a fantastic range of benefits including a competitive salary, 25 days holiday per year, a great pension scheme and a whole host of other staff benefits.
If you are looking for an opportunity to work in a friendly and professional environment in a Law firm with prospects, then look no further!