Financial Remedy Solicitor
Job Ref: 7872
Location: London City
Contact Name: Reg Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Our client currently have a full-time vacancy for an ambitious and energetic newly qualified /1 year PQE to join their team. The successful candidate must be able to work from any of their office locations if required to do so. The successful candidate will be required to provide an important contribution supporting the on-going growth and development of the department’s activities, and contributing to the growth of client work and fee income.
You will need to work effectively with clients, and other members of the wider Family Department. You will be expected to deal professionally and efficiently with a wide range of work whilst complying with procedures and working practices.
You will need to be able to work confidently with minimal supervision and be able to produce the majority of your own documents and correspondence through use of our case management system.
Working as part of a supportive and friendly team you will:
- Work alongside and assist the partner in dealing with ‘high net worth’ financial cases and run your own smaller cases.
- Be well versed in all aspects divorce procedure.
- Be well versed in all aspects of Financial Remedy Procedure.
- Be well versed and able to apply the current case law.
- Be able to work unsupervised, profitably and efficiently.
- Have good background knowledge of TOLATA and Schedule 1 Children Act Claims.
- Be willing to create new business opportunities and have a willingness to become involved in the local community/local community events
- Have a full Driving Licence as you will need to be able to work from different locations as the business need requires
- Excellent career prospects in due course for the right person.
You must be able to demonstrate the following:
- Experience of successfully undertaking this nature of work
- A focus on developing and maintaining professional and effective client relationships at all levels, with excellent communication and relationship management skills.
- Successful track record of involvement in both marketing initiatives and activities aimed at increasing fee income and raising own profile and that of the business
- A flexible approach and the capability to work well and flourish within a team environment.
- Ability to work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas and offices.
- Ability to meet financial and non-financial targets together with other broader objectives set for successful performance of this role.
- Demonstrate ability to follow procedures in accordance with professional body requirements; for example, Lexcel compliance, and firm’s internal procedures together with meeting all compliance and quality targets.
- A flexible and enthusiastic approach which demonstrates commercial awareness and business aptitude in making decisions on a day to day basis
- Clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication skills
- Good IT skills including the use of case management software
- Ability to produce work which is accurate and presented in a well ordered manner
- Excellent organisational skills
- Forward thinking with a willingness to embrace changing working practices and pro-actively get involved in the continuous improvement of services, products and processes
- Ability to meet deadlines and prioritise effectively
This is an exciting opportunity to become an integral member of our Financial Remedy Team and to thrive in a professional and friendly atmosphere offering a competitive salary.