Conveyancer – Residential Conveyancing Team Vacancy
Job Ref: 7878
Contact Name: Reg Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: email@example.com
Our client is looking to recruit a Conveyancer for their residential conveyancing team based in Taunton. You will be expected to run your own caseload of residential conveyancing files (sale, purchase, remortgage, assents, transfers etc) working closely with colleagues within the team and with support from conveyancing assistants.
The role will involve day-to-day responsibility for efficient, accurate and cost-effective progression of all transactions and includes a high standard of liaison and rapport with the clients’ key contact personnel. These transactions will primarily be residential sale and purchase, both freehold and leasehold on behalf of private clients. You may also be required to assist other members of the teams on other residential work such as plot sales if the need arises.
Dealing with all aspects of residential conveyancing files, including preparing top copy documents for signature and managing a file from exchange to completion.
You will provide a first class support service for the Team by helping it to meet its targets and increase its fee income.
Assume full start-to-finish responsibility for residential matters, supporting other members of the team and liaising with clients as appropriate.
Assuming responsibility for the financial management of files, reaching targets including those of a financial nature – for example, billing, chargeable hours recorded and ensuring that bills are paid promptly.
Meeting targets of a non-financial nature such as those relating to turnaround, quality and accuracy. Identifying opportunities to add value for clients.
To ensure appropriate a quality service and compliance for all matters in accordance with agreed standard policies
Skills and Attributes
The ideal candidate will have the required experienced to run transaction from start to finish and will include investigation of title, reporting to client and leasehold arrangements.
Excellent clear, concise and effective written and verbal communication skills together with great attention to detail, including the capability to develop and maintain strong client relationships
Excellent IT skills with an in depth understanding of MS Outlook and MS Word is essential. A good understanding of Excel is helpful.
Well organised with the ability and desire to work within a fast paced environment with tight deadlines.
Ability to collaborate and work effectively with other colleagues internally, both within the wider team and across all practice areas.
Methodical and accurate with an extremely high level of attention to detail, content and presentation of work.
Forward thinking with a willingness to embrace changing work practices and pro-actively get involved with continuous improvement of service, products and processes.
Proven commitment to working within a quality standard environment
Commitment to ongoing professional and personal development
The main benefits available to you include:
- Five weeks’ annual leave (with the additional flexible option to buy/sell up to a week on an annual basis)
- Additional discretionary one day as an ‘office shut down’ day annually at Christmas time.
- Lifestyle Hour – a discretionary benefit to provide a fully flexible time slot for employees to take an additional hour away from work on a weekly basis in order to balance their personal lifestyle needs and their workload
- Life Assurance (4 x reference salary once you’ve achieved six months service)
- Contributory pension scheme with variable contribution options and the opportunity to salary exchange, which is a great way to boost both your pension and your take home salary through dealing with your NI contributions more efficiently
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme (saving tax and NI through salary exchange)
- Cycle to work scheme (saving tax and NI through salary exchange – available after successful completion of probation period)
- Enhanced and bespoke maternity, paternity & adoption arrangements
- Staff conveyancing scheme – limited to two transactions per year and available to staff after completion of 12 months service
- Recruitment referral scheme (paid via payroll and subject to normal deductions). Payable to employees who refer external candidates for any current Fee Earner vacancies and where the candidate is subsequently employed as a result of that introduction, subject to the terms of this policy being met in full.