Associate / Senior Associate – Construction
Job Ref: 7874
Location: South West
Contact Name: Reg Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: firstname.lastname@example.org
Due to continued growth and client demand, our client are looking to recruit a talented Associate or Senior Associate for our Construction Team. This is a great opportunity for the right candidate to really make a difference and progress their career in a supportive environment. The Construction Team is 10 strong and supports a diverse client base, including developer, contractors and employers, acting predominantly for regional and national players. In the six years since its establishment, the Team has come to be recognised as one of the leading construction practices in the region and the partners have many years of experience advising some of the very largest clients in the industry on substantial projects, both domestic and international. Successful candidates will be undertaking a mixture of non-contentious and contentious work, albeit with an emphasis on the former. The team is part of our wider Real Estate Group comprising more than a third of the firm’s overall turnover. Working as one team, the commerciality of our approach, our industry and sector knowledge and excellent communication enables us to deliver great business outcomes for our clients.
Our client offera exposure to high quality work, including a number of large infrastructure projects, and ongoing training, mentoring and supervision by talented leaders in their field.
Successful candidates will experience:
- City quality work and training in a premier regional law firm
- An extremely talented, highly motivated team which operates as one across our South West & London offices. There is no rigid division between the geographic sub-teams and all our lawyers work with each other and other parts of the firm advising clients on all aspects of contentious and non-contentious construction work.
- The opportunity of running your own matters as well as assisting the Partners as part of client service teams on larger transactions.
- Exposure to lots of direct client contact and involvement in business development activities
They are looking for talented individuals, with a track record of working at a City firm or a highly regarded national or regional practice, with a sound reputation for construction matters. You will be highly motivated to work as part of this highly reputable, fast growing team. You will be able to demonstrate:
- Proven technical knowledge – a sound understanding and practical application of the law and transaction processes
- Commercial awareness and focus
- Excellent drafting and communication skills
- Strong analytical and project management skills
- Strong inter-personal skills, including being a team player with the ability to work independently if required;
- A genuine desire and interest in building client relationships;
- A real appetite for learning and developing both your own and others’ legal and business skills
We are particularly interested in individuals with wider experience in the construction industry, such as engineers, architects and surveyors.
Our client offers a competitive salary and bonus scheme, plus a range of benefits through our flexible benefits programme, which enable you to tailor your reward offering to your personal needs. This includes:
- Five weeks’ annual leave (with the additional flexible option to buy/sell up to a week on an annual basis)
- An additional discretionary one day as an ‘office shut down’ day annually at Christmas time.
- Lifestyle Hour – a discretionary benefit to provide a fully flexible time slot for employees to take an additional hour away from work on a weekly basis in order to balance their personal lifestyle needs and their workload
- A discretionary bonus scheme for our lawyers
- Life Assurance
- Contributory pension scheme with variable contribution options and the opportunity to salary exchange
- Employee Assistance Programme
- Childcare voucher scheme
- Cycle to work scheme
- Enhanced and bespoke maternity, paternity & adoption arrangements