Associate – Private Equity Vacancy
Job Ref: 8010
Contact Name: Vanessa Payne
Contact Tel: 01252 761444
Contact Email: email@example.com
Our client is looking for an Associate to join their Private Equity Team.
The team handles a broad range of private equity transactions for sponsors as well as management teams, while at the same time being fully aligned with the sectors in which the firm has been recognised, such as IP/Telecoms, consumer products, healthcare, life sciences and renewable energy. This expertise provides them with a strategic advantage with funds and investors specialising in these sectors.
The UK private equity practice is seeking an ambitious and energetic associate to join the group to work alongside the other members of the team.
Candidates must be willing to assume significant responsibility in providing principal support in transactions. They need good experience in, and a sound understanding of, buy-out and M&A transactions. Experience of cross-border transactions is also sought.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & EXPERIENCE
Candidates must be UK qualified or equivalent, with between circa 2-7 years’ PQE coming from a recognised private equity or transactional legal practice, with experience in the relevant areas (as outlined above).
The following skills/experience/aptitudes are also essential:
- Good knowledge of the private equity sector.
- Good commercial acumen.
- Strong technical ability and drafting skills, with and without reference to precedents.
- Desire to assume responsibility for principal associate roles on a transaction.
- The ability to work within and contribute to a strong team.
- Experience of supervising and mentoring trainees and, where appropriate, junior lawyers.
A focus on business development and building and maintaining client relationships